As early as the 19th century, during the Meiji era (明治時代), imperial highnesses in Japan sweetened their day with green tea ice cream (also known as matcha ice cream). Matcha, the green tea powder known from Japanese tea culture, not only gives the ice cream an idiosyncratic taste, but also a bright green color. -The perfect way to cool down on hot days.
Recipe for 2 persons:
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract or vanilla seeds
- 450ml almond milk. It is best to make it yourself. If purchased, make sure that the almond content is as high as possible).
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of green tea powder (matcha, finely grounded tea leaves). In such a way that it gives a nice color but does not become too bitter.
- 6-7 tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on whether the almond milk is already sweetened).
- ½ teaspoon of guar gum ( a natural thickener)
Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir vigorously with a whisk. Then pour the contents into a suitable container and freeze it in the refrigerator for 4 hours (after the first hour, stir the contents again strongly). Then take out and let it thaw for 25-30 minutes at room temperature. Finally, arrange the ice cream balls with the ice cream maker, decorate the balls with a peppermint leaf and serve.
Sincerely yours, Way back to you team